Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baking fail

One of my fairlynew hobbies is baking.  When I find a good recipe to try, I tend to bring extras into work so I don't eat everything myself.  One of my co-workers has been dropping not-so-subtle hints that he loves white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, so I decided to make him some before I leave next week.

I found a recipe online that looked good and set to make it after work.  Since I'm moving in 10 days (!) I haven't been replenishing my baking supplies, so I had to sub brown sugar for white and borrow eggs from a roommate.  No big deal on either front, and everything was fine until I went to add vanilla.  I emptied my bottle and was still a teaspoon short.  I found a bottle in the communal baking cabinet and poured it straight into the batter.  Except that it was clear and was actually peppermint!  Luckily I realized it before I added too much and think I was able to scoop a lot out.  I'm not sure if the cookies actually have a noticeable minty taste, or if it's just me because I know it's in there.

Anyway, I was hoping to post a tested recipe, but since I messed it up, I won't :(  At least I learned my lesson about checking bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment