Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some Other Things About Me

Besides the fact that I'm training for a marathon, here are some random facts about me:
-I watch Jeopardy as often as possible
-I'm a massive bargain shopper. I almost never pay full price for clothes/shoes/bags/accessories
-I love giving gifts and tend to obsess over it a little bit
-I really enjoy reading and like it when I have a good book going at all times
-Crosswords are my other favorite lexical pasttime
-I'm a die hard Orioles fan and would do pretty much anything for them to be good again (Damn Yankees, anyone?)
-I have run four half marathons: Baltimore, National, Frederick and Baltimore again. My PR was in Frederick at 1:49:31 although I hated the race and vowed never to run it again
-I love to eat and pretty much do it all the time
-New Balance is my favorite brand of shoes because all styles come in D widths. My favorite running shoe is the 859 and I have an extra pair because I'm afraid they're going to stop selling them soon
-I love pink a lot more than I ever have before
-When I'm racing, I try to wear the brightest outfit possible so that I'm easy to pick out of the crowd. I also always wear a coordinating hair ribbon.
-Mexican food is my favorite type. I love guac, tacos and tamales, although they are hard to find.
-My favorite liquor is rum. Tequila is second, especially when mixed in a good marg.
-I don't have a favorite beer, but tend toward girly beer (BL Lime, etc) and German Wheat beers. It's in my blood.
-I blame my dad for my love of spicy food.
-I generally follow that "shop on the perimeter of grocery store" thing, although unintentionally. I eat a lot of fresh foods so I have shop every week. I will detour the cart down the Goldfish aisle.
-Labrador Retrievers are my favorite canine breed. I'm holding out on getting a dog until I have space for one.
-I want to travel the world.
-Even though I know my 2006 Civic isn't a sports car, sometimes I drive it like it is. After 7 years with a 1998 Sentra, it's pretty damn sweet.

*****

Also, I've come up with a few ideas for race day tshirts:
"26.2 ain't got nothing on me"
"26.2, what you know about that?"
"Don't Stop Believin'"

No comments:

Post a Comment