Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The joy of being sore

On Monday night, I went for my first "long" run of this training season. I did my six miles in 52 minutes (8:40 miles) which I was pretty happy about. It was just a little bit off of my race pace from last fall and it felt amazing. I woke up yesterday morning, slightly stiff from my run and realized that I actually miss that feeling. Since I don't belong to a gym any more and my runs have been fairly short, I haven't felt that mild achiness in a while.

I took yesterday off (I had a flag football game so I still ran around outside for a bit) and I'm thinking of finishing off the week with a few five-mile runs. My mileage is quickly increasing, and barring anything catastrophic, I'll will definitely reach and exceed my mileage goal.

I'm also trying to eat healthier. I like to think (and my co-workers like to tell me) that I am a healthy eater, but I know little improvements will make it better.
Some of my goals:
-Take a multi-vitamin daily and start taking Omega 3 supplements since I rarely eat fish
-Eat less ice cream
-Minimize random snacking (yesterday was horrible- at one point I thought I'd rather eat a bag of goldfish than a real meal for dinner, luckily I got over that and made chicken and vegetables over pasta)
-Drink green tea instead of coffee (I'm already doing really well on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment