Thursday, September 9, 2010

I suck at blogging

Within the past month, I stopped working full-time, moved, and started a master's program in Public Policy.  It has been an amazing month and I'm absolutely loving being back in school.  Now I don't sit at a computer all day, which is awesome, but leaves me with much less time to blog.  Since I like having a record of my running and think it helps me to share my ups and downs, I'm going to make a conscious effort going forward, especially now that my training is amping up at the same time that my class work is.

I feel like training just began, but tomorrow morning is my first 18 miler of the season.  I'm actually pretty pumped for it, the summer weather has finally broken and I should have a nice cool, low-humidity morning.  I've noticed that as the temperatures have gotten cooler, even if only moderately, my times have gotten a lot quicker.  It's very refreshing.

A few weeks ago, I was dying.  Training was becoming increasingly frustrating as I could only seem to go about 3 miles without bonking.  I knew I had to be getting into better shape but it didn't feel like that at all.  Then last Friday, I had an amazing long run.  I did an out and back course on the CCT, where I did a few runs over the winter before Snow-Pocalypse.  The only difference is that I'm starting at the other end since I moved, meaning my out is a slow decline and my back is a slow incline, not the other way around.  Last week, on a 16 mile run, I was merely aiming to keep even splits on the way back, but I completely dominated, finishing my second half at almost 40 seconds per mile quicker and that was going up hill!  It felt so good and my confidence was restored.

My training this week has been tougher, so I'm not expecting the same type of results, but hopefully with the nice weather, I'll at least enjoy myself and not sweat through all of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment